DeMarcus Cousins (All-Star Game): Although he did not get voted in by the fans to start in the All-Star game, it’s almost certain that DeMarcus Cousins will be selected by the Western Conference coaches to be part of the roster.
More from Kings News
- 3 Ways Chris Duarte improves the Kings chances in 2023-24
- Bleacher Report crazily lists Kings’ All-Star as “most overrated NBA player”
- Kings and Heat fans clash on Twitter to debate All-Star players
- Sacramento Kings’ Chris Duarte playing in 2023 FIBA World Cup
- 3 Young players the Kings must develop, 2 to give up on
Cousins, who made the All-Star game last season, is having his best year statistically. As of now he is averaging 26.1 points (career high), 11.4 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks per contest. He is also recording a PER (Player Efficiency Rating) of 23.89, which is ranked 9th out of all NBA players.
Although losing to players like Zaza Pachulia and Enes Kanter in the fan votes, the coaches know that Cousins is having a monster year, and, therefore, will likely grant Boogie the opportunity to represent the West and Sacramento Kings organization in a game showcasing the NBA’s best.