Dec 18, 2015; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins (15) dribbles the ball around Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns (32) in the first quarter at Target Center. Mandatory Credit: Brad Rempel-USA TODAY Sports
4. Cousins Carving Minnesota’s Defense: With the Kings trailing 85-79 against the Wolves in the fourth quarter, the Kings were desperate for a basket. So what do the Kings do when they need a score, they give the ball to DeMarcus Cousins.
More from Kings News
- 3 Ways Chris Duarte improves the Kings chances in 2023-24
- Bleacher Report crazily lists Kings’ All-Star as “most overrated NBA player”
- Kings and Heat fans clash on Twitter to debate All-Star players
- Sacramento Kings’ Chris Duarte playing in 2023 FIBA World Cup
- 3 Young players the Kings must develop, 2 to give up on
With just over 6 minutes left in the ball game, Cousins had the ball at the top of the key. With a hustling Gorgui Dieng about to close in on him, he then makes a spin move towards the basket causing three Timberwolves players to swarm at him. Cousins, with his high IQ, then dished the ball to Kosta Koufos, who was standing by himself next to the rim resulting in a two-handed slam. Just another play that proves that Cousins is a top-tier talent in the NBA.