We are now a week into the 2015/16 NBA season and have had a brief opportunity to check out this year batch of rookies. A couple rooks made a statement right from the start and some others are still tuning their games to NBA competition. Also, 3 teams at this point have 2 entries in my top 10 ranking.
More from Kings News
- 3 Ways Chris Duarte improves the Kings chances in 2023-24
- Bleacher Report crazily lists Kings’ All-Star as “most overrated NBA player”
- Kings and Heat fans clash on Twitter to debate All-Star players
- Sacramento Kings’ Chris Duarte playing in 2023 FIBA World Cup
- 3 Young players the Kings must develop, 2 to give up on
So far this season, the rookies that are failing to live up to the high hopes that were laid upon them are #2 pick D’Angelo Russell, #5 pick Mario Hezonja, #8 pick (and my preseason pick for rookie of the year) Stanley Johnson, and #9 pick Frank Kaminsky.
Others such as undrafted rookie point guard, T.J. McConnell, have surprised many out of the gate and look to continue their success going forward.
Here are my top 10 rookie rankings through the first week of play:
Next: Number 1