When Isaiah Thomas left the Sacramento Kings organization in free agency, he didn’t just leave a hole at the point guard position.
More from Kings News
- 3 Ways Chris Duarte improves the Kings chances in 2023-24
- Bleacher Report crazily lists Kings’ All-Star as “most overrated NBA player”
- Kings and Heat fans clash on Twitter to debate All-Star players
- Sacramento Kings’ Chris Duarte playing in 2023 FIBA World Cup
- 3 Young players the Kings must develop, 2 to give up on
He also left one for local pizza chain ‘Pizza Guys’ as the first ever ‘Pizza Guy’ has taken his talents to the Valley of the Sun. Understandably, the two decided to part ways and the restaurant was on the lookout for somebody to fill Thomas’ shoes.
If you answered none of the above, you’d be correct as Ben McLemore was officially named as Isaiah Thomas’ replacement.
Odd as it is to say, Thomas gained quite a popular reputation for being the ‘Pizza Guy’ outside of Sacramento even, though it seems difficult to suggest Ben McLemore’s status as the current ‘Pizza Guy’ will catch on like Thomas. Still, a very worthwhile addition for the local chain and great news for the pockets of McLemore who I’m sure received a rather solid pay day for the endorsement.