It’s that time of year to make your prediction of what you believe the win-loss percentage will be for the Sacramento Kings at the end of this season.
How optimistic or pessimistic do you feel about the team?
A poll follows at the end, but I thought you might appreciate a brief review of how the team has done over the past few seasons. Let’s take a walk down memory lane, beginning with the last season the team actually made the NBA Playoffs:
- 2005-06 NBA Season
This was the season Ron Artest was acquired in a trade and made the bold prediction the team would make the playoffs…and they did, with 44 W-38L and a .573 winning percentage. This placed the team 4th in the Pacific Division.
- 2006-07 NBA Season
The season started with Head Coach Rick Adelman, but ended with Eric Musselman. The team missed the playoffs, ending with 33 W-49 L and a .402 win percentage.
- 2007-08 NBA Season
Eric Musselman was replaced by Reggie Theus. The team missed the playoffs, ending with 38 W-44 L and a .463 win percentage.
- 2008-09 NBA Season
The season began with Reggie Theus, but ended with Kenny Natt. The team missed the playoffs, ending with the worst record of the 2008-09 season. It had the distinction of making the list of the Worst 50 Teams in NBA History, with 17 W – 65 L and a .207 win percentage.
- 2009-10 NBA Season
Paul Westphal was hired and Tyreke Evans was Rookie of the Year. The team missed the playoffs with 25 W-57 L and a .305 win percentage.
- 2010-11 NBA Season
DeMarcus Cousins was selected fifth in the draft. The team did not may the playoffs with 24 W-58 L and a .293 win percentage.
- 2011-12 NBA Season
The season started with Paul Westphal, but ended with Keith Smart. The team missed the playoffs with 22 W -44 L and a .333 win percentage.
- 2012 -13 NBA Season
This is Keith Smart’s team. How do you feel the team will do? Please make your prediction in the poll that follows. Also, there is a bonus question asking if you think the team will make the NBA Playoffs this season.
Which of the following Win-Loss Percentages best represents how you feel the Sacramento Kings will do in the 2012-13 NBA Season?
- I think the team will win 40 -50 % of their games: Win 33-41 games (26%, 37 Votes)
- I think the team will win 30 -40% of their games: Win 25 - 32 games (26%, 37 Votes)
- Bonus: I do not believe the team will make the 2013 Playoffs (24%, 34 Votes)
- Bonus: I think the team will make the 2013 Playoffs (16%, 23 Votes)
- I think the team will win 20-30% of their games: Win 17-24 games (6%, 8 Votes)
- I think the team will win more than 50% of their games: Win over 41 games (4%, 5 Votes)
- I think the team will win less than 20 % of their games: Win 16 or fewer games (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 142