The 2012-2013 NBA Season is quickly approaching. As you sit there pondering the universe, your unpaid bills, what you plan to eat for lunch and dinner, ponder this…
What are your thoughts on the players, who are working their tails off to play for us?
The first preseason game is October 10 and the first regular season game October 31. Halloween no less.
Will your favorite player this season be the same as your favorite last season? Will someone have a breakout season? Will someone rise up from the ashes of mediocrity to become a star?
More importantly, do YOU have the power to predict the future?
I have narrowed the Sacramento Kings’ roster landscape down to five players, who I think will be the most likely to become this season’s star.
Here they are.
Which one of these do you think will be this season’s star player? A poll follows at the end.
1. DeMarcus Boogie Cousins is the gift that keeps on giving and I mean that in a good way. From the moment he dropped to the Sacramento Kings in the 2010 NBA Draft, he has been a fan favorite. From his dominance as a big man on the court to his charming sense of humor, could he have a breakout season that firmly establishes him on a national level, silencing his doubters FOREVER?
2. Isaiah Thomas had an amazing story last season, from Mr. Irrelevant at the 60th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, to becoming a fan favorite. His character, his work ethic, and positive attitude to overcome all odds is a storyline that did not get much play on a national level, but did win the hearts of Sacramento Kings fans locally. He may be challenged for the starting position this season by Aaron Brooks and by the Kings front office. There should be no doubt in anyone’s mind, Isaiah will meet any challenge in the same way he has met innumerable ones before – hard work, confidence, and determination to prove himself. Will he be this season’s star?
3. Thomas Robinson, our surprise package in the 2012 NBA Draft. His is a moving story of overcoming personal pain and loss. He comes with an NBA skill-set and heart of a lion. He states his desire to campaign for Rookie of the Year. Strong words considering he will be up against Anthony Davis, who easily was the Number 1 Pick in the NBA draft. Will Robinson’s desire be the story line for this season?
4. Tyreke Evans has become somewhat of an afterthought after his amazing Rookie of the Year campaign. His struggles over the past two seasons has been our disappointment. Is he at a point to breakout of the mold he made for himself to move to the promise he set for himself as a rookie? We saw his clutch game-winning shots, his reptilian cool under pressure, his fearlessness to drive to the basket, and his audacity. Oh his audacity to shock everyone with his on-court phantom clutching of huge cajónes, with his tongue protruding in an upward lascivious curl. Oh yeah, he went there. The audacity to race down Interstate 80 at 130 miles per hour and then have the nonchalant demeanor to tell officers he didn’t even notice. It was a nice piece of free advertising for Mercedes-Benz. Will Tyreke make a break out move to entice teams to up the ante for a nice contract?
5. Jimmer Fredette was for many a disappointment. He came with high expectations, which he wasn’t able to live -up to. Teams were ready for him, double-teaming him. He was a cult-hero in college, with a following of a celebrity. He shot lights-out before. The question remains, will he overcome his on-court anxiety, which dampened his rookie season? He is married now. Not that a change in his marital status means anything on court. But he has someone in his corner to soothe his soul and offer words of encouragement. Sometimes all we need in this world is a little encouragement and someone who believes in you.
These are the the five players I foresee as being the most likely to be the star this season. Perhaps, I overlooked someone. What do you think?
Who Will be the Star Player for the Sacramento Kings in 2012-2013?
- 1. DeMarcus Cousins (60%, 96 Votes)
- 4. Tyreke Evans (23%, 37 Votes)
- 5. Jimmer Fredette (8%, 13 Votes)
- 2. Isaiah Thomas (6%, 10 Votes)
- 3. Thomas Robinson (3%, 4 Votes)
- 6. None of the Above - Someone else (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 160